The Henderson Hall Zembiec Pool Facility is open to all Uniformed Services Members, Retirees, DoD/USCG Civilians, and their family members free of charge. Please check our Facebook page for the most up to date information on the Marine Corps’ Aquatics Program at Henderson Hall, including information on upcoming classes and programs, as well as weather related or seasonal delays and closures at the Zembiec Pool Facility Bldg.#11.
Zembiec Pool Facility is a 25 yard pool with capability for up to six lap lanes. The depth begins at 4 feet and goes up to 11½ feet. The facility utilizes both a Saline Chlorine Generator System as its primary sanitation method. Training and fitness equipment is available for Lap Swimming, Unit PT, and Aqua Fitness. We provide changing rooms with showers, bathrooms, and lockers. We do not provide towel service, and we ask that you do not leave personal items in the lockers overnight due to the limited number. A picnic area is available poolside for general patron usage as well as for reservation by Active Duty and Reserve Uniformed Service Units for morale functions
- Training Support: The Zembiec Pool Facility is a training support facility providing aquatic fitness support in the National Capital Region for Active Duty and Reserved Uniformed Personnel. Active Duty and Reserve usage and training has priority access to the facility at all times.
- Youth Access: Open swim for patrons under 15 years of age is available Monday-Friday under the following hoursa:
Outdoor Season: 0800-1700
Indoor Season: 0800-1600
Please note that all patrons under 15 years of age are required to take a swim test and may be restricted to the open swim area pertinent to the needs of the program.
- Guest Policy: Authorized patrons over the age of 18 are allowed to sign in guests for the current guest fee. The authorized patron is responsible for their guests conduct, will remain with, and supervise their guests at all times during their visit. Guests are limited to 3 individuals per authorized patron.
Guest Fee: $5.00 Credit/Debit Only Due on Entry
- Cadet/Auxiliary Access: Access for cadets attending the DoD/USCG Officer’s Academies is authorized with their academy issued ID card. Recruit candidates or cadets in the N/ROTC may access the Zembiec Pool Facility under the supervision of their recruiter or N/ROTC representative. Auxiliary personnel are limited to authorized training only.
The Zembiec Pool is a year round facility with the Outdoor Season running May-September and the Indoor Season running October-April. During the Indoor Season, patrons will enter the pool through the airlock door in the main lobby. We ask that patrons close one door before opening the next when entering the pool. Please see the duty manager or contact the pool if you have any further questions.
Learn to Swim Program
Fundamental and remedial swim lessons provided at the Zembiec Pool Facility for all swim levels. Classes are available as Private lessons at $25.00 per session or in Small Groups (2-5) at $17.50 per child per session. Please see the duty manager or contact the pool for more details.
1. All Patrons must comply with the directions of the lifeguards and the Pool Management. Patrons must comply with all posted signage. Failure to comply with these rules is grounds for immediate dismissal from the pool facility and/or banning from the facility at the Management’s discretion.
2. Active Duty Personnel hold priority access to facility and equipment usage. Unit Training holds primary rights to usage of available pool space during Monday-Friday Operations at the Management’s discretion.
3. A parent, or adult over 18, must sign in and actively supervise any person under the age of 15. Patrons under the age of 15 must complete a swim test administered by pool staff. Supervision is limited to 3 individuals per supervising adult. Children that have not been potty trained must wear a swim diaper.
4. Non-swimmers are prohibited from entering water depths above their shoulders without USCG approved life vests. A parent, or adult over 18, must enter the water with non-swimmer children and be within arm’s reach.
5. Authorized patrons over the age of 18 are allowed to sign in guests. The authorized patron is responsible for their guests conduct, will remain with, and supervise their guests at all times during their visit. Guests are limited to 3 individuals per authorized patron.
6. No pets are allowed in the facility. Guide and service animals are permitted.
7. Only proper and clean attire may be worn in the pool facility. Clothing that is overly revealing, displays obscene imagery, or bears profanity is strictly prohibited. Management reserves the right to dismiss or ban patrons from the facility should they fail to comply with the dress code.
8. Lockers are provided to patrons for use during the patrons visit only unless otherwise authorized by the management. The Aquatics Program and its affiliates are not liable for loss and/or theft of property.
9. Patrons must shower before entering the pool. Persons with or showing evidence of communicable diseases or open sores and cuts will not be permitted in the pool area. Spitting, urinating, or otherwise contaminating the pool is prohibited.
10. Glass items are forbidden within the pool enclosure. Bringing or throwing any object into the pool that may in any way cause contamination, endanger the safety of bathers, or produce unsightliness is prohibited.
11. Eating, drinking, or smoking in the pool or on the pool deck is prohibited. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited inside the pool enclosure. Any patron showing signs of inebriation will be asked to leave the facility.
12. Diving is allowed in designated areas only. Aquatics Staff may restrict or prohibit diving pertinent to the requirements of the program.
13. Lap Lanes are reserved for lap swimming only. Active Duty personnel and adult patrons have priority access to lap lanes. All other usage is restricted to designated recreational areas as authorized by Aquatics Staff. Hanging or resting on the lap lane lines is restricted.
14. Running, pushing, shoving, boisterous behavior, rough play, or foul and abusive language is strictly prohibited at all times.
15. Usage of pool cardio, aerobic, and training equipment is open to use by adult patrons for fitness purposes. Usage of pool cardio, aerobic, and training equipment is prohibited for children due to safety concerns.
16. Aquatics staff reserves the right to restrict usage of both facility and private equipment or toys pertinent to the requirements of the program. Authorized private equipment/toys are kickboards, flippers, snorkels, goggles, USCG approved vest, and drive rings/sticks. Water guns and/or similar items are prohibited.
17. Climbing on lifeguard chairs or tampering with emergency lifesaving equipment is prohibited.
18. No fraternizing with lifeguards allowed. Harassment of Aquatics Staff or other patrons is prohibited.
19. Photography that has not been sanctioned by H&S Battalion or MCCS is prohibited.
20. Patrons whose actions pose a threat to other patrons, staff, equipment, and/or the facility will be dismissed and/or banned from the facility at the Management’s discretion.
Instructor led High Intensity Aquatic Conditioning courses available Monday-Friday 0600-0800 or by reservation. Open to all Active Duty and Reserve Uniformed Service Members and current DoD/USCG Civilians.
Space at the Zembiec Pool Facility is available for reservation to conduct PRTs and qualification exams. This function is open to all Active Duty and Reserve Uniformed Service Members as well as recruit candidates or cadets with their recruiter or N/ROTC representative.
Space at the Zembiec Pool Facility is available for reservation by H&S Battalion as well as other Active Duty and Reserve Uniformed Service Units for morale functions. This is limited to times and dates that do not interfere with training.
Unit PT Support
Space at the Zembiec Pool Facility is available to reserve for Unit PT. This function is open to all Active Duty and Reserve Uniformed Service Members on both the individual and unit scale.
Reservations required, please see the duty manager or contact the pool to schedule.
Hours of Operation
(October - April)
|Monday||6:00AM - 6:00PM|
|Tuesday||6:00AM - 6:00PM|
|Wednesday||6:00AM - 6:00PM|
|Thursday||6:00AM - 6:00PM|
|Friday||6:00AM - 6:00PM|
|Closed on Holidays|
|Outdoor Season Hours
Hours of Operation
(May - September)
|Monday||6:00AM - 7:00PM|
|Tuesday||6:00AM - 7:00PM|
|Wednesday||6:00AM - 7:00PM|
|Thursday||6:00AM - 7:00PM|
|Friday||6:00AM - 7:00PM|
|Open on Holidays:
Major Douglas A. Zembiec
Major Douglas A. Zembiec was an officer in the United States Marine Corps who was killed in action in Baghdad while serving in Operation Iraqi Freedom. A graduate of the Naval Academy, Major Zembiec was a motivating and inspiring leader as well as a prolific author. He was awarded a Silver Star, Bronze Star with Combat Distinguishing Device and two Purple Hearts.